Tuesday 16 November 2010

Family conversation box

 

This box of tricks makes an appearance quite often at our dinner table at home. It's from Kikki.K a gorgeous Swedish stationary store that entices you in with it's bright organised display and makes you wonder that if you actually bought all the things in the shop, how wonderful life would be! I don't know if the store is worldwide, but it's definitely a hit here in Australia.
Sitting down almost every evening and eating together as a family is a treat that I don't take for granted... Working close to home was way up high on the tick list of things that we wanted when we moved here a few years ago. I know husband hated the days that he would leave and kiss Sibs goodbye in her bed and return just in time for the final story that  I...w a s...m a k i n g...l a s t  so that she would still be awake. Anyway, another tale, another time...back to the conversation cards.
  

We love to choose a card each and then go around the table having a bit of a conversation (as it tells us to do on the box!) I'm sure Sibs has learnt quite a bit about her parents from these cards. I have a feeling that she's storing up some of the stories and tales and that they'll come back to haunt me someday. Have a look at these beauties....



 Last Christmas we got this box. Now I think it's about time I got a bit more festive so tonight after dinner we'll pick a card and start to get into the Christmas mood.



It's a glorious day here in Brisbane - about 27 degrees and rising!
Not very Christmassy.....but I'm getting used to it!
x

1 Comments and thoughts:

  1. Bethan these are cool ideas. I'm glad your work/life balance move has been worth it. It's extremely important to us too, I know exactly what you're talking about. Never want to end up with the 'Cats In The Cradle' saga. x

    ReplyDelete