Saturday 4 December 2010

Friday fun


Yet again, this has been a busy week culminating in a swimming carnival today at school. Luckily the rain held off just long enough for the children to compete. I'm not used to so much rain here in Australia - I thought that I'd left the wet weather back in the UK, but boy has it rained these last few weeks.
After a morning of listening to cheering and screaming kids, school finished early and we found ourselves with a few spare hours....So what does a girl do? Grab a friend and head to the shops!




I enjoyed watching from a safe distance and listening to their giggles, and I loved the way that everything seemed so magical for them... Trying some lip glosses in one place, admiring a nativity scene in a shop window, even choosing sushi!



Then it was home for a quick play, lots of "why can't we play just a bit longer"
Eventually, all became quiet and here I am spending too long trying to figure out how to post on a blog on my iPad (not easy, but I think I'm getting there...)

This weekend brings a ballet Christmas party, a class breakup breakfast with barefoot bowls (definitely an Aussie thing!), and a Christmas carol service in the city down by the river. If the rain will just hold off...fingers crossed.

Have a great, safe weekend.
x

2 Comments and thoughts:

  1. Fi'n lico clywed nhw'n siarad a chwarae gydau gilydd hefyd. Mae'n lyfli!

    Helen
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Bethan, thankyou for visiting my blog, it's lovely to meet you. Isn't Laura just gorgeous! It's lovely meeting people from all over the world, especially from good ole aus. QLD is a lovely part of Australia...in fact we lived in Yeppoon, near Rockhampton for 3 years before returning to Melb. I really miss it..made some great friends and loved the beach lifestyle. However, I have been to Wales and I think it's a beautiful place, much more rugged than England. My husband is driving back from Felin Fach, near Aberystwyth, tonight as he looks after a manufacturing plant over there. It's not a great drive, especially in snowy conditions. Enjoy yourself in the sunny state. Robx
    p.s I'm leaving a comment on your bathroom post.

    ReplyDelete