Sunday 4 December 2011

A local Saturday morning

What better way to spend a Saturday morning than people watching at a local cafe for breakfast.



Okay, maybe Sibs needs a bit of a lesson on a slightly less obvious people watching technique!

Breakfast for me usually consists of a piece of toast whilst flitting around the kitchen doing this and that. On a weekend though I like to sit and enjoy some family time. Australians certainly know how to breakfast! None of this greasy bacon and eggs stuff either. Yes, you will find the good old English fry up if you look hard enough, but boy would you be missing out if that's what you ordered!



This is chilli corn cakes ( yes, there were two corn cakes ) with spinach, hummus and bacon....just a little portion!! In the background is a child's sized pancake with maple syrup. I couldn't finish it and have hardly eaten another thing all day. I guess the saying that a good breakfast sets you up for the day is true!

So after that mammoth meal we needed to walk it off so we set off up the road to browse and people watch a bit more.



In the antique centre Sibs fell in love with the vintage clothes and spent ages "choosing" a wedding dress. 



The classic moment for me was when she spotted an old typewriter and asked me how it worked and where was the screen!  After I explained, she was fascinated with the fact that you had to feed paper in and couldn't save or delete.



Lazy Saturday mornings all too quickly become crazy Saturday afternoons. So it was home, quick change before ballet and then some friends over for a sleepover. 

I'm up late writing this tonight. I needed to occupy myself as I've been waiting patiently for the Wales v Australia rugby match to start. I think there's a few minutes until kick off so I'll sign off.


Happy weekend.
-
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 Comments and thoughts:

  1. What a lovely way to start the day & scrummy choices too.

    As for the typewriter comments = classic.

    Hoping that the rest of your weekend is as delightful,

    Felicity x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the typewriter question...fab!!!lovely day! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. It made me think yet again how times have changed when I read about your daughter not understanding the concept of a typewriter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely day you have had ! How time flies , but some things remain much the same : as the simple joys that make up a meaningful life ...

    ReplyDelete